Join our active team of volunteers! What can you do?
- Become a member of the Committee of Management
- Work in Open Door / Food Bank
- Assist with Administration and Reception
- Become a Community Visitor
- Become a Volunteer English Tutor
- Become a Computer Tutor
Volunteering is a great way to:
- Gain skills for a job
- Get recognised work experience
- Meet new people
- Build your English language skills
- Help other people in your community
Training is provided.
Become a Volunteer English Tutor
You can help someone to improve their English
This is a program where the volunteer tutor is paired with their student and they meet at the Keysborough Learning Centre to help them learn English.
No previous teaching experience nor a second language is required. Tutoring generally takes place during the day.
The commitment is to see your student once a week for 1 to 2 hours for a minimum of 6 months.
A 5 session training course is provided by KLC free of charge.
Phone 9798 7005 to find out more about becoming a volunteer.